Bachelor in Audio Engineering & Music Production
Creative & successful
Combine your enthusiasm for music with a professional future in the media industry. The bachelor’s degree in audio engineering & music production is internationally recognized and provides you with completely new perspectives.
Registration for the Bachelor Programme will be open soon!
It’ s already possible to start with the two-year Audio Engineering DIPLOMA at HOFA-College and subsequently complete the one-year bachelor programme.
- Duration only 1 year
- Study flexibly alongside your job
- No enrollment limits
- Internationally recognized bachelor’s degree
- Experts from the industry as lecturers
- Highly practical relevance of the program content
After your HOFA Audio Engineering DIPLOMA you will complete the Bachelor Top-Up at our partner institution.
During the entire period of study you will still benefit from all the advantages of being a HOFA student:
- Access to the HOFA Online Campus
- Free participation in all HOFA studio workshops
- Student discounts on hardware and software from many manufacturers
- Audio engineering support by the HOFA-College tutors
Within one year, you will deepen your knowledge of audio engineering and can set your own priorities in projects. There is a lot of freedom in the choice of topics so that you can deal with the content that really interests you. Possible topics are for example:
- Audio engineering basics – e.g. miking & recording technology
- Studio practice – e.g. studio tools, setups, mixing & mastering
- Music business & music marketing – e.g. management, social media, financing & leadership
- Digital music production & sound design
- Scientific basics – e.g. acoustics, musicology, music theory & current research
- Music & media law
- DJing & remixing
- Songwriting & composing
- Project management
- Key competencies – e.g. presentation, communication, teamwork & business English
- Online learning platform for your studies
- Multimedia learning (video lectures, online tutorials, audio lecture slides, PDF guides
- Expert workshops
- Participation in virtual classrooms
- Case study based learning
- Personal projects
- English language study documents
- Examination tasks and project work in English language
Within these twelve months you will go through four modules in succession. Each module has a duration of eight weeks and corresponds to 15 ECTS points. The top-up programme in audio engineering covers a total of 60 ECTS credits.
You work out a project idea for a topic of your choice and prepare a market analysis. In the process, you will prepare a project outline, project description and project documentation with a justification of your approach.
- Project planning and project management for a media topic of your choice
- Learning and reflection techniques
- Market overview and current issues in the music and media industries
- Scientific work and writing (literature search, citation)
The second module includes carrying out a project in which you can use the topic of the first module as a basis or choose a new topic. At the end of the module you will write your individual project report in which you describe how you have proceeded and what results you have achieved.
- Theoretical and practical challenges in selected areas of music production
- Business administration, management and project controlling
- Communication and feedback
- Team development and teamwork
In the third module you will complete a 6-week internship in a company of your choice. If you are already employed by a company, you can receive credits for this job and complete a project in a subject of your studies. Alternatively, a project within a self-employed activity is also possible. You reflect on your activity and your professional field on the basis of given criteria and derive both scientific and personal findings. These are presented, for example, in a digital presentation.
- Practical application in the professional field of audio engineering (as a job, internship or self-employment)
- Reflection and personal development
- Final presentation
You write an independent bachelor’s thesis as your final paper, which may also be in combination with a practical project or related to your job. You present your results at a final conference.
- Topic/question of your choice (optionally in combination with a practical project)
- Support provided by an assigned lecturer and your HOFA-College tutors
- Completion of a bachelor’s thesis
Admission requirements for your bachelor program
- A completed HOFA Audio Engineering DIPLOMA
- Certificate of intermediate education (e.g. US High School Diploma or UK GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education))
- Minimum age: 20 years at start of studies
- English language competence at a good school level
What is included in the fees?
The fees include all services that are provided in the course of your studies and do not concern personal additional services or concerns (e.g. accommodation costs).
The fees cover in particular:
- Participation in all in-class lectures and events
- Full access to the e-learning platform with extensive study materials, scripts, exercises
- Access to the comprehensive online library
- Support and coaching by the lecturers and tutors, study counseling
- Participation in the examinations specified in the examination schedule
- Provision of certificates and records